Friday, July 10, 2009

Blessings, Challenges and all the Rest...

So I haven't blogged in a while.... well since March.
And I haven't posted anything really meaningful and from the heart in even longer.
I guess a lot has happened in the last 6 months; some good, and some bad.

Gods been doing a real work in my life lately and I haven't really been listening, in fact I am sad to say that I have become accustom to shutting Him out. Despite this he has continued to challenge me and to bless me.

I was greatly blessed just recently when I was given a cheque from a very kind person at church - this was towards a new car (which I needed desperately, poor Geoffrey was on his way out to say the least). So with a lot of prayer and my dad for advice I went car shopping and came home with Stanley. Stanley is a 2001 red Hyundai Accent 5 door hatch back; a very nice car... (this one has power steering!!). Having Stanley has been such a huge blessing, I got a fantastic car for an excellent price. God is good!!

Another awesome blessing is Sunday School. At the beginning of this year I stared teaching the year 1/2 Sunday School class. I've been learning so much (ironic I know), about how kids learn and how much they actually remember and how building friendships with them is just as important as what you teach them. It's been a real blessing to watch them grow, and open up, and learn, and share, and love.

A resent challenge I encountered and I suppose still are encountering is my future. Doing the internship I suppose I assumed I would go into chaplaincy or youth work or something but it seems the more I pursue this the more doors that keep closing in around me. I went for a job interview maybe a month or so ago for a Christian Pastoral Support Worker's (formerly Chaplain's) roll at a primary school in the hills, but I was unsuccessful; this along with many other application rejections made me consider weather this is the career that God really wants me to pursue. At the moment I am looking at studying at uni, but I'm unsure and in prayer about my future.

Other wonderful news: My best friend is engaged!! I'm so excited for her and her fiancee. I love them both dearly and look forward to there wedding and there lives together. Congrats!!

There's so much more I could write about but so little space.
Headlines on whats been happening in the life of me!
- Horse riding, I've fallen in love with horses; and I'm really good at falling off.
- Music I didn't realise how much I missed playing music.
- Boys when are boys ever not a problem?
- My family; spending time with them.
- Hanging out and having a laugh with my Mum.
- My pets; teaching them awesome party tricks.
- OSHC the good, the bad, and the aaaaaarrrrrgghh!!!!!
- And so much more....

*Ok signing off now. Hopefully I'll post soon...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awesome post, Steph!
(Rachel Fisher here in case you didn't know)
I really hope that you find God's calling and that you'll follow His direction :) It's so great that you want to do what He wants you to do.
Aaaand... horse-riding... ah man, I miss it SO much :( So I've gota say, I'm kinda jealous of you right now :S ohh dear :( lol
Seeya!