Friday, October 9, 2009

Smiles, St Kilda, Slides and Sunscren

We went to St Kilda Adventure Playground today. My cousins were headed down there and invited me to come along. The sad thing is it's virtually in my own backyard (compared to my cousins who live down South) and I had to use my GPS to get there. I have unbelievably bad directional skills.

Anyways I arrived at the park and was greeted by three of my adorable, loud and excited little cousins. Hugs all round, I really love those kids and I don't get to see them nearly as often as l would like. They grow up so fast :(

First up the giant slide. The three big kids went down first, then I followed with the littlest he's 1 and a half. He hated it and snobed me off for the rest of the day; poor baby.
Then it was on to the castle, where the second youngest decided that the slide was too scary for him.
Next the pirate ship where we locked the kids in the gaol and 'through away the key', unfortunately they escaped.
Our last stop before lunch was the big flying fox the two girls insisted they have a turn, even though the line was sooo long. My cousin took the boys to the little playground while we waited and waited and waited. Half an hour later they had their turns. And then it became clear why I was invited down to the park, to be the 'swing fetcher' (not really, just in case you couldn't sense the sarcasm). I was exhausted and ready for lunch.

Across the road we set up the giant picnic rug on the grass. Seriously this is the biggest picnic rug you've ever seen. We applied sunscreen, and for some of us more of it seemed to get in their hair then on their skin. So cute.
Lunch was good. And the kids had fun chasing the seagulls, and each other. The mums were happy, exhausted kids equals a quiet trip home.
A quick toilet stop, then back to the playground.

One last turn of well everything, we split up and the girls dragged me up the stairs to the giant slide once again. You think I would be fit by the end of this, not the case.
Then onto the swirly slide, and the maze. Then time was up.

Sadly the day was over and it was time for goodbyes :(
Lots of hugs and kisses, I love you's and then goodbye I'll see you soon.
A fantastic day with my cousins, not enough time in the day. The smiling faces of kids having a blast is worth more then gold.
I love you guys. xx

No comments: