Wednesday, November 12, 2008

light bulb moment

So have you ever had a 'light bulb' moment?
One of those days where everything falls into place, One of those conversations were everything just clicks, One of those moments when your deep in thought and you just get it for the very first time. Well I had one of those moments today, tonight in fact.

... See I was having a conversation with a friend tonight about boys and I realised how boy centered I had become. That wasn't me! Wanting a boyfriend so much that I would just about go out with any guy just to be 'out with a guy'. As the conversation continued I realised I loved the idea of having a guy, and not so much the actual guy I happened to be chasing.

I think it's safest to say I'm planning on taking a moratorium from guys for a while, re-adjusting my priorities and focusing on the one long lasting assurance we have; God.

I'm going to try something so far out it's probably never been tried before; I'm going to try to get to know guys for who they really are, as friends, with no intention or thought about their availability or date ability. I'm going to aim to treat all guys as if they were my brother, with respect and no hidden reasoning. I'm going to attempt to be more Christlike, a better person. I'm going to try to do things so they glorify God and not myself.

Here's where I ask those of you who know me to help. Ask me how I'm going and encourage me to put God first in every aspect of my life.

And now for my favourite verse which is quiet appropriate at this time i might add...

But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They rise on wings like eagles, they will run and not get weary, they will walk and not grow weak.

(and yes House it's trust not tust)

1 comment:

Felicity said...

Good on you Steph! There really is no other way to view or treat guys, so much easier to not read into anything, be friends, and to sit back and wait for them to come knocking - you probably won't even notice it when he does come (God will make sure you know when he does)! :)