Sunday, September 19, 2010

Riding Free

There is nothing on this earth that is as freeing as riding a horse. Well in my opinion at least.

Just the other day I went to see my friend who recently move to the country, although she was a little busy we had a quick coffee, and I saw her new house and how she had made it their home with her creative touch. She also recently moved her horse (Megs, whom I have mentioned in previous posts) to her new house, and I being the avid horse lover did not pass up the oppotunity of a ride. It had been some time since I had last ridden... and boy did my body tell me that the next day.

Anyways this particular afternoon was a beautiful one with a few showers here and there. I quiet like the rain so I didn't mind riding through it. It would sprinkle then clear up just enough to dry-off before it came again.
It was quiet out in the paddock not much noise from anywhere, just the steady sound of Megs canter as I discovered all the twists and turns to this new stretch of land. I like the quiet it gives me time to think and pray and contemplate a whole bunch of things that I tend to push aside in my busy day to day life.
During one of the 'dry' patches a woodpecker came out to visit, he was happily pecking away at the tree in the neighbouring paddock, I had never seen one in action before. He was focused and determined and majestic all at the same time. Isn't Gods creation beautiful.
At one point I was cantering straight up the paddock, my hair blowing in the wind, rain lightly dusting my face and I couldn't help but think how amazing and free I felt. Gliding through the air the thudding of hooves resounding in my ears, how magical, how heavenly, how utterly speechless I was. And how in awe of God I was for this opportunity, this time spent with Him.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I didn't know there were woodpeckers here. Amen to your post. I am so often reminded of how amazing it is that God allows me the pleasure of enjoying His creation.