Thursday, January 6, 2011

Socks

I like most girls, wished for a pony every time I blew out my birthday candles, and like most girls I was disappointed when I wish didn't come true.

Well I might have waited 10 years or so but my wish has finally come true... Ok so I didn't close my eyes and then magically a horse appeared in front of me, but I am lucky enough to be he proud owner of a horse.

Ok so he's a big pet I get that but he has a big heart and a lot of love to go round.




So this is socks. He's a 13 year old, chestnut thoroughbred gelding that stands at 16.1 hands. He has a white blaze and 4 white socks, which is how he got his name.

Socks arrived at my friends house (where he lives with her mere Megs). Just a few days before Christmas.



Megs and Socks meeting for the first time.

I got a bunch of horse stuff for Christmas so I went riding with my mum and sister on boxing day.

The more I go out riding and the more time I spend with Socks the more I learn about him and his personality. He is affectionately known as he BFG big friendly giant.

I took my friend Shelby and her girls out for a ride the other day, and Chloe and her daughter Tori came down as well. He all loved it took it in turns. And Socks was great, he wasn't even fazed with the kids up and down on and off.




I love my horse and want to grant the wishes of kids giving them a chance to come and have a horse riding experience.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwww I'm SOOOO excited for you!!!! What a feeling!!! Owning your own beautiful horse... what an amazing dream that has come true!!!!!!
xo Rachel