Monday, February 23, 2009

arachnophobia

a·rach·no·pho·bi·a n. An abnormal fear of spiders.

So I have arachnophobia, to the point where I screech at the sight of the smallest spider, I start to fidget and my hands get all clammy and sweaty.

Well on a Wednesday in the not to distant past (I haven't blogged in a while) we were over my youth pastors house for recharge (our young adults bible study group) and we were all sitting down to chill out and get the low down on the following term.

Now for those of you who read my blog and don't come to recharge, you should know that it's a very relaxed atmosphere. So were assembling in the lounge room when our youth pastors wife came across the room holding a big beautiful 'ZOO' photographic book, all excited I expected her to show me some beautiful picture of a frog; but to my horror she showed me a giant picture of a gross hairy tarantula. I was so surprised and freaked out all at the same time; I jumped so high I almost hit my head on the roof. I don't know wether I was more shocked by the giant spider photo, or by the fact that my youth pastors wife, actually went out her way to frighten me.

Now my youth pastors wife, is a seemingly nice person, but once you get to know her, her true colours start to shine through, and she really does have a 'playful' streak.
I am currently planning my revenge. I say this as I assure you that my youth pastors wife is actually a really kind and considerate person, who feels bad for scaring me so much, and will never live this particular moment down, I wont let her.

2 comments:

Felicity said...

Um yeah I still feel so TERRIBLE about freaking you out! It actually doesnt take much to scare me, Henry does it all the time, he just walks in the house and I jump! Maybe you will have a pet spider in heaven?!

LisaBaby said...

it's hard to picture felicity that way! but it was such a great trick to play on you hehe!!
xo