Monday, June 30, 2008

I Caught a FISH!!


Well for those of you who don't know we went to Victor Harbour for the weekend.
(we being Recharge, our young adult group). It was great!
A chance for us to unwind, relax and Recharge.

Alright, so me and my mate drove the approx. 2 hour trip to Victor and got there a lot earlier then everyone else. So to kill time we went fishing.
I've never been fishing before, and I was determined to catch a fish. A few cast-outs and
re-baits, and a lot of waiting (patients not my strong point), I caught a fish, yay!!! I was so Chuffed, I mean I was so excited I was jumping up and down on the jetty. It was a little Tommy_whatever (ok I'm not a fishermen so I don't know what all the fish are called) and i was about 10cm (It won't break any records but that's besides the point, I caught a FISH. Yay!)


Our fishing expedition was cut short by our youth pastor, he was running late and asked me if I was able to meet the owner at campsite. And I was entrusted with the keys to the campsite (yay I feel a bit spesh).

The camp was great, we went to Granite Island and actually saw some penguins, played on the playground (the one with the really old train), and we made our selves completely sick and dizzy on the spinney thing (I know great description). We also walked along the beach, drank good coffee, went to the Bluff (but it was too dark, windy and dangerous to climb it, totally bummed).

The studies were also really good, i got a lot out of them. They were based in Proverbs and taught about wisdom. I know i got a lot out of them and look forward to trying to apply these new lessons to my life.

Over the camp I:
1. Gave "the kids" shoulder rides.
2. Taught Kid #2 how to take photos with an old-school camera (yes it uses film).
3. Took plenty of old-school photos myself.
4. Ate way to many lollies, chocolates and biscuits.
5. Drank good and bad coffee.
6. Got sick from too many "spinney thing" rides.
7. Walked lots and lots.
8. Built a human pyramid.
9. learned how to become wise.
10. Slept on the floor on a thin-as mattress.
11. Had to listen to my friends snore.
12. Had a few DnM's (deep and meaningful's).
13. found a really pretty sell shell (only to find it was crushed when I got home).
14. Went to Horseshoe Bay and played on the playground in the dark.
15. Oh yeah, and... Caught my very first FISH!

So all in all I thoroughly enjoyed camp and can't wait to go again.

Oh yeah if you didn't catch my excitement earlier I caught a FISH!!!

1 comment:

LisaBaby said...

but if your bff wasn't there, who snored?!