Sunday, June 22, 2008

I HATE Spiders

So I get another house sitting gig. I rather enjoy the somewhat Independence.
my friends give me the walk through tour, explain the do's and dont's and hand over the keys.
I move my gear in, inspect the house and then chill.
6 rolled round and I picked my sister up from work, we go 'home' and I get ready for netball (we lost by the way). After the game we go back 'home' to watch a movie (my friends have the best DVD collection ever, well its alright anyway). My stuff had been in the house all of 2 or 3 hours and a spider had made a cosy little home out of my shoe. Was NOT impressed. Ok I'll admit it was only a daddy-long-legs, but those of you who know me know I'm absolutely terrified of any spider no matter what size or species. ARACHNAPHOBIC to the tenth degree!
It doesn't end there, there were hundreds of the creepy crawlies everywhere (ok slight exaggeration, but I killed at least 15; by me I mean my sister, and that was just the first night).
The second night I didn't have my little sis to protect me so I stayed at a nearby other friends house, which also had spiders but there was just one and she killed that for me. and the third night I crashed at my other mates house, now her house was safe and spider free. Just the way I like it.


lessons i have learned:
1. little sisters come in handy when it comes to killing spiders
2. when considering a house sitting gig ask if their house is spider free
3. take your own can of bug spray, you might run out of theirs

1 comment:

Jewelz said...

Ya know, you'd think that you'd at least be able to spell a word that tells you what you're afraid of!
It's ARACHNAPHOBIC! LOL
Luv ya :P