Friday, October 24, 2008

DIY Break-in

Thrid time luck (I've written the frist part of this post three times now so hopefully this time it gets published).


I had just gotten home from house sitting for my youth pastor and his wife and I was in total DIY mood. It's probebly because my youth pastors wife is very creative and it is complely evedent throughout there house.

So I just got home and saw my perants for about 2 minutes before they were off to bible study. Dad mentioned something about my bedroom light being out and he would change it when he got home (because it's a little tricky).

I didn't pay much attention as per usual and sat down to watch my t.v. show which dad had recorded for me. Then once it had finished I went to unpack and realised my light was out. So I needed a screwdriver a philips head. But to my horror we only had flat heads in the house.

I had a 'light buld moment' I keep a screwdriver in my car for energencies and that would work just perfectly. So I grabbed my keys and headed outside looking through my car I had no luck and addmitting defete I turned to go back inside realising I had locked my keys in m car I was fustrated. Turning the door handel to return inside I became extreamly annoyed I had not only locked myself out my car but also out the house and my mobile was on the inside.

After calming down I had to work out how to break in to my house. So I work out that I could jump the fense. So I climbed up onto the bonet of my car and then onto our rain water tank. Lets just say I sprained my anckel and had to battle two spiders. All in all I got back into the house and I was armed with a philips head screwdriver.

I climbed up onto the stool and unscrewed the light cover to change the light globe. And there was light. Once I had changed the light globe I decided to renevate. I took the blades of the fan off the light and hung one of those big paper balls over it and I was impressed it looked pretty good.

Once Ihad done that I noticed that my windows had paint on them. We have the big old wooden window frames and when we painted last paint got on the glass enevatably. Because when your painting your so exhausted by the end of the job that you can never be bothered scratching the paint off the window. So I took the time and did it now they look great. Except now I need to scratch the paint of the windows on the outside.

My plans:

I indend on taking my paper cranes down (all 194 of them) they have been up for a while now and I need to make room for my ever growing collection of photos. I have just brought some fantastic looking gold photo frames and think it would look really cool if I hung them on the wall.

But I guess my future DIY plans aren't that exciting unless something unexpected happens while i'm looking for a hammer.

What do I need a hammer for you ask, well i'll keep you in suspence....


(or save you from bordem)

Anyway here's some pictures:






My new light









Fan blade after I detached it from the light










All paint removed (from the indside at least)

No comments: