Thursday, January 29, 2009

Internship 2009

Ok, so I did the Internship at Craigmore Christian Center last year.
It was a great experience. I worked alongside my youth pastor and the school chaplain, with the other intern, who just so happened to be a good friend.
I got to work with youth from the school, and was involved in youth group, the music team, and Out of School Hours Care. I learned so many valuable lessons through out the year with all the challenges God had lined up for me.


One of these challenges was working with my good friend. You see its easy enough to be good friends when you see each other every so often in just a casual setting, but we worked, and studied together everyday for a whole year. And may I say the stress and tension was evident at times. But we made it through the year and the friendship has withstood the test of time. In fact I think it's safe ta say that our friendship is deeper and stronger now then it ever was. You can just tell we'll be Best Friends Forever.


Probably my biggest challenge was putting my complete faith in Christ, trusting that He knows my future.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


See last year, (as you've probably read previously), wasn't just challenging because of the internship, but also because of my dads operation, and a million other little things that all seem to add-up and come to the surface at the most inconvenient time. But one by one with a few tears and a lot of support I got through each challenge and became better for it.


At the end of last year I applied for a position at a local primary school as a CPS worker. (Christian Pastoral Support worker). I unfortunately didn't get the job. I was upset but I prayed about it and decided not to give up on my 'dream job'. Therefore I decided with the help and persuasion from a lot of close friends, I decided to return for a second year of the internship here at Craigmore.


I'm so excited, the good thing about doing it for the second year is you can tweak to your specific needs. This year, it will be more practical and less study. Not that the study wasn't important. I really enjoyed all my lectures at ACM last year and I'm taking a few lectures this year - which should be really good.
But I'm really keen to get alongside the primary school teachers and build friendships with the kids, go on camps and just help out in any way I can. I'm so excited. I'm also looking to get involved in special ed. help out the kids with reading and spelling etc.
This year will be great practise for my 'dream job' and Lord willing I will grow in my knowledge and confidence, so that when I do get a job I will be more then equiped to take it on, and work to the best of my ability with Gods help and guidance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Steph :)
Rachel here....
your year (2008) sounds fantastic, and so does 2009! i hope it all goes well for you :)
and i like your blog, btw... hope you don't mind me reading it! (??)
love Rach