Monday, January 19, 2009

Then.......Now

So I've been non-existent in the cyber world for the past month or so and I suppose a lot has happened in that time.


  • Well the internship finished along with ACM. It was exciting and scary not knowing what my future held. Up to this point I had some idea of where my life was heading from primary school, I went to high school and then from there I started the internship. As the internship came to a close I applied for a CPS worker (Christian Pastoral Support worker) position at a local Primary School, but unfortunately I did not get the job. So my future is like a blank canvas, that only God has the paintbrush to.

  • My brother decided to become independent and move out of home, Just before Christmas. We had a little tiff and I wasn't speaking to him. My brother was and is my best (guy) mate. He decided to tell me he was moving out while we were out with our friends, and puft... the next day he was gone. It's ok we've since worked everything and were all ok but it was a major adjustment, going from seeing my mate everyday to seeing him in passing at church.

  • One good thing did come out of my brother moving out, I obtained a new little friend. You see there was this stray kitten living out the back of my brothers units. She was sitting there all by herself covered in dirt and grease, by a broken down old car. I took her home and cleaned her up, gave her a name and adopted her into our family much to my Dad's discussed.

This is Tabitha.... ...the day I got her

........

...about a week ago



  • Carols by Candle-light was fun this year, we (a group of young adults, my mum, my youth pastor and his wife) went to the carols in the city. We got an awesome seat and spent the night singing by 'electric candles', eating hot donuts, watching the lightning, sheltering ourselves from the drizzle of rain, watching the great acts and the fireworks display. It was a great night and even better company.


  • Christmas day was a quiet one this year which was nice. It consisted of family, friends way too much food, corny jokes, silly hats, singstar ABBA, photos and presents. And much to my disgust no apple sauce.

  • During this time of blank canvases and the unknown, a few people spoke to me about doing the internship for a second year. This was a great opportunity for the new year and it has opened so many doors so far. With Kids Church and Sunday School, Youth Group, Youth Band and so much more. I'm so excited to see what God will use me for this year. He is the artist and my life is His canvas.

  • My boss went on holiday, and left me to run the store. I felt stoked to be asked. It all went fine but I don't think I've worked so hard in well forever. And my boss' had a relaxing time on their holiday, and they deserve it.

  • My beautiful cousin came to stay with me just the last few days. She 6 years old and was so excited to have a sleep over with her big cousin, me. We had a blast together, It was Maccas for tea the first night, then I showed her off at church on Sunday, she loved all my friends especially the one who gave her a hug and the one who she's almost as tall as! (you know who you are). Then it was off to my work to see my boss and grab lunch. After lunch we went to video ezy to rent two princess movies and a quiet night in. Then this morning we went to see a friend and had a bit of a swim in the paddling pool. Then it was time for her to go home. (sad face) but it was so much fun and I lover her so much I can't wait for next school holidays.

Anyways I think Ive caught you up some what on the goings ons of my life between my last post and now. I'm sorry there's not much depth and emotion in this post but there was just so much to say. So I'll catch you when I next post which will hopefully be soon.

1 comment:

Daughter of the King said...

I am looking forward to you working in OSHC again this year- we are going to have lots of fun!!!! BTW did you hear that we have passed accreditation, YAY US and Praise God!!
Love Hazel xx