Thursday, May 29, 2008

home sweet home

Ok, so I haven't written a blog in a long time;
well you see I have discovered the art of house sitting.
what do you mean? you ask, well I'll start from the beginning.

My Nana decided that she would become a world traveler, well ok she only went to England, but England is in the world and she had to travel to get there so there you have it "world traveler." And while she was gone who better to look after her house than her favourite grand daughter (that's me).
Fantastic, my very own house, that means independence!!!
No board, freshly stocked pantry and fridge this is the life how could it get any better??
Well I'm telling you now it was not all it was cracked up to be.

I was in the house all of 2 minutes before I encountered my first spider. The striped, orange, 8 legged creature was awaiting my entry sitting only inches away from the front door. And there were many more to come, lets just say that the insect spray and myself became the best of friends. I killed 11 spiders in total, yuck!!

And if all the spiders weren't enough she had no Internet. That was a total bummer, no blog, no my space, I didn't realise how dependant on the web I was.

And the dishes, i couldn't believe how many dishes one person could make. By the end of my "holiday" I worked out that frozen food creates less dishes and its much more efficient to collect all your dishes up and do them all at the end of the week. (And when your Mum comes around to visit and asks why you haven't done the dishes yet, you just say "there in soak" it works, kinda).

The list goes on...
washing (ring, ring.."how do you use the washing machine Mum?")
ironing (whats that?)
vacuuming (managed to get away with only vacuuming once)
dusting (I don't know where Nana keeps the duster)
Bins (ring, ring.."Daddy")

All in all it went well.
The house is still standing and relatively clean (by teens standards). Most of the spiders have been abolished with a thick cloud of bug spray, and lots of screaming, but there stories for another time.
And the best part was Nana bought me back some awesome pressies, yay!

Let me tell you, there's no place like home; and there's no bed like your own bed!

1 comment:

The beginning of something... Henry Rouse said...

I take it you're not so keen on getting married very soon - with all that washing, ironing & cleaning. Oh and the SNAGs that are all afriad of spiders these days, they'll be no use to you either.

I enjoyed reading your blog, you're a great girl!